Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Purpose Means Many Things

Why did you create a blog?

Why did you choose to make your blog about traveling?

To be quite honest, I don't know what to write for the first post of my first ever serious blog. I used the word serious because I've got a Live Journal account reserved for the enjoyment of my imagination and a Tumblr account reserved for the delight of eyes.

I guess my desire to see the world and my love for writing has given birth to Type. Click. Travel.

I think it's safe to say that all of us dream of seeing the world - to enjoy different foods, to experience different cultures, to see the evidences of history and all that. The difference arguably lies with one's means. There are people who have enough - or even more than enough - resources to explore the world while others... Well, as they say in my country, it's free to dream.

I come from a middle class family. We get by and we can afford high priced luxuries every now and then. Now as an eighteen year old three months away from being nineteen, I have only been to one other place outside the Philippines, Hong Kong. Now is it safe to assume that I've been all over the many provinces of my home land? Nope, I haven't.

Type. Click. Travel. has one main purpose for me and for my future readers. That is to see the world from the comforts of one's whereabouts. Through pictures that I will respectfully borrow from other sources, Type. Click. Travel. will give a glimpse of the world out there; a teaser of what one could possibly see when the time comes.

You and I are going to be "cyber travelers"... Are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment